Hello hermits! Did you miss me? *Sherlock fandom dies* Yep, Sherlock and Doctor Who have now taken over my life. I’m about to try to get into Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, but I just don’t have the time at the moment, and I doubt I’ll have the time when the school year starts back up again. . . which will be soon. Oh well! But anyways, this post is about the Liebster award that I was nominated for by (wait for it…) Writing On A Vintage Typewriter (not a big shocker, but still- she rocks). She also has nominated for my previous book tags and well, she’s amazing. So go click that link to read her Liebster award post and then follow her for the sake of kittens! (Don’t ask; I’ve had coffee and soda today, and a lot of it.) So, let’s let’s get down to business.
The Liebster Award
1. Acknowledge the blog you nominated you and display the award: Check.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you: Will do.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself: Uh oh, not this again.
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers): I kind of just want to be that person and only pick bloggers that 199 followers- just to be that person.
5. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them: Sounds easy enough. Hi, I’m a random stranger from the internet who think you should do thing where you answer eleven questions and tell me eleven things about yourself that I can use against you/use to find you. Here’s the link to check it out! (Just kidding you guys; I’m only joking about stalking and finding you. *hides Googles maps tab*)
6. Give them eleven questions to answers: Okay I want your full birth name, date of birth, social security number, address, etc.
* * *
- What is one food from a book that you really want to try?
I honestly am infatuated with the idea of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Jelly Beans from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I know you can go out and buy them at Universal, but I’ve seen the disclaimer on the package there how not every flavor is included and I really want to be able to taste, I don’t know, a blender in the form of a jelly bean. (Or should I say Jelly Baby. . .)
- Which book would you change the ending too? *MAJOR SPOILER ALRT FOR ALLEGIANT BY VERONICA ROTH AHEAD*
The first thought that comes to mind is Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I mean, you’re telling me that Tris Prior, who is probably one of the strongest female protagonists I’ve read about since Annabeth Chase, get killed by a gun? She survives the Death Serum but change dodge a bullet enough for it to miss her heart? You have got to be joking. And I mean, the whole message Tobias gave off at the end was so unlike him. Tobias Eaton is supposed to be cold and hard and suddenly he’s all morals and love and compassion? *falls to the floor in laughter and spasms*
- What are some of your fictional crushes?
I really don’t think asking me of all people this question was a morally good move on your part, but if you insist. I really am in love with Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments, Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series, Frank Porter from Since You’ve Been Gone (which I just finished last night), the Doctor from Doctor Who, and to make this not a too long list, lastly Dustfinger from the Inkheart Trilogy.
- What is the first book you remember reading and liking?
That would have to be either the Junie B. Jones series, or The Magic Tree House series. Those books were my childhood. (If we’re talking picture books, there was this one with a bunch of different animals and it was about this grey caterpillar who wanted to be a different color and he kept admiring all the other animals for their colors and then at the end he turned into a butterfly and was all of their colors in one and everyone was all like ‘I want to look like you’ and so yeah. I really liked that caterpillar.)
- What superpower would you like to have?
I think I would really like Power Mimicry or Absorption – that way I could have all powers as long as I came into contact with someone.
- Would you rather be able to always get an ARC but never get to read the final version or never get another ARC again and always be able to read the final version right when it comes out?
Well, I’ve never gotten an ARC, so I think I’ll just stick my final versions.
- What’s a character that everyone seems to love but you hate?
I honestly never liked Teresa from The Maze Runner series until the very end of The Death Cure. She just always seemed so manipulative and secretive, I never knew or understood what her true motives were; of course, until the end of the The Death Cure.
- If you could meet just one fictional character, who would it be?
I’m taking this as a non-bookish question and I would die if I could meet The Doctor from the BBC show Doctor Who. The Doctor has to be one of my biggest fictional crushes, maybe even my biggest (non-bookish, of course. Because in book land, that would be Simon Lewis.)
- Do you prefer summer or winter?
- Name three things that you like about yourself.
- That I wear my
geekinessheart on my sleeve (same things, right?)
- My deductive skills are becoming better, since I’ve been practicing.
- My new haircut looks absolutely fabulous (it used to be to my waste and now it’s up at chin. I’m pretty proud of it.)
- If you could visit any other country, what would it be?
The U. K.- or England. Whichever it is! My dream is to live there for a year and just – ah, the pain of longing.
* * *
The 11 Random Facts:
- I really like fan fiction – reading it and writing. Fic is life.
- I have only six best friends (or friends that I know would basically die/kill for me) – Blair, Nicole, Gracen,Jenna, Anne, and Eli.
- I am obsessed with the Fleur – De – Lis and the London Eye (I blame Sherlock for the latter).
- I currently have the two albums American Beauty / American Psycho by Fall Out Boy and Blurryface by twenty one pilots on constant repeat.
- I have a Goodreads, so come follow me and be my friend! Just clicky this linky: Right here! The link is blue! This is my Goodreads profile!
- I also have gotten a Pinterest! Follow me: @here. Like click right here.
- I’m right now only reading two books, which is a big shocker for a someone who usually reads six books at a time.
- I still haven’t finished my summer reading project (I’ve read the book; I just don’t want to do the assignment).
- Still haven’t changed my glasses (if you remember that post then kudos to you!)
- I have been diagnosed with social anxiety and I go to therapy for it.
- I’M AN AMERICAN PYSCHO.
Alright, I think that’s enough for now. If you want to do this you can and I invite you to. Actually, if you’re within the first eleven people to like this post, I nominate you! Here are your questions:
- Pop or punk?
- Trilogies or stand-alones?
- ‘Cats or dogs?
- Tell me a funny story.
- Three fictional characters: Date, marry, and murder. Who gets what?
- What is your opinion on short, curly blonde hair?
- Write a one paragraph love story of any kind. It can have someone die if you’d like.
- Favorite superhero? Do you want their power? Are you attracted to them/do you have a crush on them?
- Feminism or menimism?
- Are you an American Beauty or an American Psycho?
- Beanies or fedoras?
Home is where your books are,
The Time Traveling Writer.