Hello my lovely little hermits! How have you been? I would love to hear what you all have been up to in the comments. Anyway today I shall be being the Beautiful People thing from Paper Fury, where I found this thing. Actually I keep seeing this things everywhere, every single month, and I always want to do and today I have decided to finally stop wishing and start doing (a favorite quote of mine, actually). So today I shall be answering these questions for a character who I have in my Avengers fanfiction but she one day will have her own story/be part of one of my many books in the making. So here’s a little information about Pax just so you guys’ know who the sam heck I’ll be talking about:
My character’s name is Pandora Pax “Pax” (that’s her nickname) Rogans. Pax is a SHIELD agent and is best friends with Doctor Fable Mills, a SHIELD scientist and girlfriend to Bruce Banner. Pax is only known as “Pax” for most of the fanfiction, all up until she is kidnapped by HYDRA and experimented on. The reason behind her hiding her true name from the rest of the world is because before she didn’t want to endanger her family, even though they abused her in many ways. Though this ends not being a legitimate reason during the fic, seeing as her family was murdered by Loki in the past (whole other story), but she justifies it now as the girl with that name is someone who doesn’t exist anymore-the little girl from the slums named Pandora died along with her family.
Pax is very in control of her outward emotions for the most part, but sometimes slips up due to her anxiety (of almost every kind), PTSD, insomnia, and depression. She is flirty, mysterious, sarcastic, stubborn, determined, ambitious, and very realistic. Pax is troubled and is a little rough around the edges, but once you get to know her (after like two or three years-unless you’re the Avengers of course), she’s a real sweetheart.
So I won’t say anything more about her since I’ll probably write her in the future posts like this and I wouldn’t want to be repeating anything, so let’s get down to business!
1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
Pax is known infamously for her sweet tooth, so it surprises everyone vastly when she confesses that she really only likes plain vanilla ice cream. True, she’s okay with variations of vanilla (French Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, etc.) but other than that she doesn’t like anything else. 2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
Being the secluded little special snowflake (she’s not gay; just special and white) that Pax is, when she goes out she only likes to go out with no more than three people at a time. Usually her first three choice are (in no particular order at the moment) Steve, Fable, or Clint and Natasha (she has come to terms and accepts that the two come as a package; and no in the fic Nat and Clint are not dating-I have seen Age of Ultron and respect most of it wholeheartedly).
Pax likes the idea of going to a bar when she feels like, but she rarely actually goes. She likes late night dates with Steve at the cafe place by their apartment complex, or going to concerts with whoever is okay with driving her home from her getting drunk at while singing and dancing along with the performers (usually Nat & Clint or Steve). Although, the most perfect “nights out” for her are the most kinds of nights out: going to training room at SHIELD really late at night and practicing her knife throwing skills while he throws down with the punching bag; going to the book store with Fable and reading in the cafe on their days off; having nights in with Steve in their apartment and her catching him up on all the great TV shows and movies that he’s missed since being frozen (their favorite show to watch is Doctor Who because of how both of them can relate to the characters and their troubles, and their favorite movie is Breakfast At Tiffany’s because of its set in a time not so long after the 40’s and Steve likes how he can understand it better than most of the more modern things.); or hanging with the rest of the Avengers after work and letting loose a little bit.
And here is a (sucky) little collage I made of Pax’s more casual style.
3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
Pax wears shoes like combat boots or sneakers. Her socks are usually soft ankle socks unless she’s going out on a tough mission and she’s wearing her boots; then her socks are thin and holy. *angel choir sings in the background* And she doesn’t really notice if shoes are uncomfortable because of how she has to wear a variety of shoes for her missions and her feet are naturally so sore that she doesn’t even notice anymore. 4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
Pax has multiple scars from her most of her mission but doesn’t mind them. She’s gotten used to them being apart of her, and you could ask her where each one came from and she can relive the entire day for you to learn how and where she got them. She doesn’t really have any birthmarks, but as she tells Steve when he pesters her about it’s not right on how scars she has:
“I can’t remember a day that I didn’t have scars because of my father and mother. My scars are like birthmarks, since I don’t have any of those. Not everyone understands why I’m okay with having them or why I don’t care, but before I was ten years old I had a knife driven through the back of my calf and I barely shed three tears. The person who drove that knife through my skin was my very own father, too. If that doesn’t explain why I’m the way that I am, I don’t know what will. People like me understand; scars come along as a reminder of the lifestyle you live in my line of work. That’s just how it is and who I am, Steve. Why can’t you understand that?”
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
Pax listens to very angry and loud rock music, along with some alternative. Here’s a little playlist I made up for her (she naturally puts in on shuffle but I’m writing in alphabetical order):
- Adam’s Song by Blink 182
- All the Small Things by Blink 182*
- Alone Together by Fall Out Boy*
- Alpha Dog by Fall Out Boy*
- Audience of One by Rise Against
- Awake Too Long by Rise Against
- bad_news by Bastille
- Beat It (feat. John Mayer) by Fall Out Boy
- A Beautiful Indifference by Rise Against
- Bite Down (Bastille VS. HAIM) by Bastille
- The Black Market by Rise Against
- Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons*
- Bridges by Rise Against*
- Car Radio by twenty one pilots
- Centuries by Fall Out Boy
- The City by Ed Sheeran
- Collapse (Post-Amerika) by Rise Against
- Crash by You Me At Six*
- Dead On Arrival by Fall Out Boy
- Death Valley by Fall Out Boy
- Demons by Imagine Dragons*
- Doubt by twenty one pilots*
- The Driver by Bastille*
- Drown by Bring Me the Horizon
- Drunk by Ed Sheeran
- Elective Amnesia by Rise Against
- Fairly Local by twenty one pilots
- Favorite Record by Fall Out Boy*
- The Fighter (feat. Ryan Tedder) by Gym Class Heroes
- Fix You by Coldplay*
- For the First Time by The Script*
- Fourth of July by Fall Out Boy
- From Now On We Are Enemies (Bonus Track) by Fall Out Boy
- Fun by Troye Sivan*
- Gasoline by Troye Sivan*
- The Girl’s a Straight-Up Hustler by All Time Low
- Goner by twenty one pilots*
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
- Grade Eight by Ed Sheeran*
- Grand Theft Autumn / Where Is Your Boy Tonight by Fall Out Boy*
- The Great Die-Off by Rise Against
- Guns For Hands by twenty one pilots
- Hear Me by Imagine Dragons
- Heavydirtysoul by twenty one pilots
- Hero of War by Rise Against
- Holding On To You by twenty one pilots
- Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
- Hometown by twenty one pilots
- I Don’t Care by Fall Out Boy
- I Don’t Want To Be Here Anymore by Rise Against
- I Miss You by Blink 182*
- If You Can’t Hang by Sleeping With Sirens
- Immortals by Fall Out Boy
- Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
- Irresistible by Fall Out Boy
- It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
- Jet Pack Blues by Fall Out Boy*
- The Judge by twenty one pilots*
- Just One Yesterday (feat. Foxes) by Fall Out Boy*
- The Kids Aren’t Alright by Fall Out Boy
- Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran*
- Kotov Syndrome by Rise Against
- Lane Boy by twenty one pilots
- Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
- Long Forgotten Sons by Rise Against
- Love Like This by Kodaline*
- Love Like This (Acoustic) by Kodaline*
- Message Man by twenty one pilot
- Miss Missing You by Fall Out Boy*
- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Let Em Up) by Fall Out Boy
- Nine In the Afternoon by Panic! At the Disco
- Nothing by The Script*
- Nothing Left to Say / Rocks by Imagine Dragons*
- Novocaine by Fall Out Boy
- People Live Here by Rise Against
- Phone Call by Forever the Sickest Kids*
- Polarize by twenty one pilots
- Re-Education (Through Labor) by Rise Against
- Remains (Bastille VS. Rag N Bone Man VS. Skunk Anansie) by Bastille*
- Ride by twenty one pilots
- Room To Breathe by You Me At Six
- The Runner and the Lover (feat. Shelby Merry) by Runner Vandal
- Savior by Rise Against
- Somewhere in Neverland by All Time Low
- The Strength To Go On by Rise Against
- Stressed Out by twenty one pilots
- Sudden Life by Rise Against
- Sugar, We’re Going Down by Fall Out Boy
- Superheroes by The Script
- The Take Over, The Breaks Over by Fall Out Boy
- Tear In My Heart by Fall Out Boy*
- That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed) by Panic! At the Disco*
- Therapy by All Time Low
- This by Ed Sheeran*
- This Ain’t a Scene, It’s an Arms Race by Fall out Boy
- This Is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco
- This Is the First Thing by You Me At Six*
- Thnks fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy
- Touch by Troye Sivan*
- Tragedy + Time by Rise Against
- Twin Skeleton’s (Hotel in NYC) by Fall Out Boy*
- Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy
- Vagabond by MisterWives
- Viva La Vida by Coldplay
- Wake Me Up by Ed Sheeran*
- Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day
- We Don’t Believe What’s On TV by twenty one pilots
- What a Catch, Donnie by Fall Out Boy
- What It Is by Kodaline
- When the Darkness Comes by Shelby Merry
- When the Darkness Comes Pt. 2 by Shelby Merry
- When the Day Met the Night by Panic! At the Disco
- Whereabouts Unknown by Rise Against
- You Need Me, I Don’t Need You by Ed Sheeran
- Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy
- Your Song by Ellie Goulding (originally by Elton John)*
Sorry that was such a long playlist, but it needed to be written. And the whole * thing at the end of some songs is because she mostly started to listen to those kind of love songs more voluntarily or not skip them once her and Steve become a thing.
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
Pax can very slowly play the piano, but she’s not very good. She can sing if she wants to, but often tells people she can’t s and fakes at singing horribly. 7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
Legend by Marie Lu.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chboksy.
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
Pax would mostly hang out with her friends, catch up on reading, and still train. (Also going back and forth between catchup on lost sleep and avoiding it because of nightmares.) 9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
To be honest, Pax would probably still be at SHIELD either training, filling out paperwork, or out on a mission. A day off for Pax is rare, so whenever she gets one she sleeps in until noon and when she wakes up, Steve is making her lunch (which she hates it he does that because she knows she can take care of herself, but she’s secretly flattered) and after that they do some couple thing and then Steve gives me a massage and they usually end up falling asleep on the couch after staying up from watching Netflix.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
Pax wants to be free of the mental illnesses that fill her head and make working for her dream job a challenge and be free of the nightmares that plague her sleep (so cliche, I know).
Home is where your books are,
The Time Traveling Writer.